Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Cup of Celebration


I’ve returned to Glazer’s, a great little café I told you about here, to share some news. It’s finally time to dust off those old suitcases and shift this site’s spotlight toward the “wanderlust” part of its name.

This blog (and its writer) will be crossing a couple of oceans and relocating to a new set of isles. The British Isles, to be exact. For the next year, our home base will be Coventry, England; a jumping-off point for a whole new series of adventures.


As I mentioned before, I’ve been spending the last several months preparing for grad school. It’s been my dream to continue working with people from other countries and to encourage cultural exchange, so it only makes sense to pursue my master’s degree abroad. I’ll be studying Intercultural Communication for Business and the Professions at the University of Warwick.

Sure, a whole lot of studying will be going on but I plan to make regular escapes from the university bubble to explore (and will report back, of course). There will be countless cups of coffee (and tea) to contemplate over, tasty things to munch on around every corner and an endless supply of side streets to discover. Besides weekend jaunts around the UK, I hope to exercise my passport with a bit of meandering around Europe and beyond. I’m already wishing for more time….


Speaking of which, time has flown by at such a crazy pace, leaving me with exactly one month until I hop on that plane headed toward Heathrow. As I scramble with last minute preparations, I’ll try to post about a couple more of my favorite cafés out here and stop by a few essential local spots. Tara’s also arriving here today for a little R&R before starting her next chapter, so hopefully we’ll have some time to soak up the island together. Care to come along?

So now you’re up to speed. Please join me on this new journey! We’ll wander around cities without a map, smile through culture shock and seek out the greatest coffeehouses ever. It’ll be grand.


Glazer’s Coffee
2700 South King Street, Honolulu, HI 96826
(808) 391-6548 glazerscoffee.com

1 comment:

  1. Yay Ani Bear!! I'm so happy for you! But I'm gonna miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete